The USS Agamemnon is a United Space Federation sim.
The USS Agamemnon was started in 1996, with Captain Eddie Blackmon as her first Commanding Officer. It remains active to this day. The "Aggie" (as her crew affectionately calls her) sims every Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time.
- Current Commanding Officer: Kaysen Jarv
- Current Executive Officer: Simon Trent
- Former Commanding Officers: Eddie Blackmon, Kenta Badon, Dakar, Julie Hayes (1998), Makor Jaren (1999), Roel Jere (2000), Alexander Synth, Solvek Taran, Clark Savage, Briana Santori
- Former Executive Officers: Julie Hayes (1997), Makor Jaren (1998), Roel Jere (1999), Arathon Cray (1999), Alexander Synth (2000), Kyle Prescott, John C. Spencer (2002), Lyra Rose (2003), Patricia Lovat (2004), Solvek Taran, Briana Santori, Kaysen Jarv
- Designation: USS Agamemnon
- Registration: NCC-51425-D
- Class Title: Aurora
- Classification: Exploration Vessel (Fleet Support/Explorer/Diplomatic/Scientific Research)
- Built: Earth Spacedock, Sol System, Sector 001
- Launched: Stardate 201101.25
- Dedication Plaque Quote:
- "To confine ourselves to terrestrial matters would limit the human spirit." Stephen Hawking
- Length: 180 meters
- Width: 88 meters
- Height: 41 meters
- Mass: 117,000 metric tons
- Decks: 9
- Personnel Capacity
- Officers and Crew: 100 people
- Evacuation Limit: 200 people
- 2x Personnel
- 2x Cargo
- 3x Emergency
- Maximum Range: 40,000 km
- Computer Systems
- Operating System: M-14-C Bioneural LCARS
- Computer Cores: 3 (1 primary, 2 backup)
- Processors: Hybrid Isolinear Chip/Bio-Neural Gel Pack Network
- Support Vessels
- 3x Type-9 Shuttles; "Ajax", "Nestor", "Diomedes"
- 1x Waverider Atmospheric-Operations-Shuttlecraft; "Atreus II"
- Sublight Drive: 1 FIG-5 Subatomic Unified Energy Impulse Unit
- Maximum Impulse Speed: 0.25c
- FTL Drive: 2 LF-35 Advanced Linear Warp Drive Units
- Standard Cruising Speed: Warp Factor 6.0
- Maximum Cruising Speed: Warp Factor 9 (120 hours maximum)
- Offensive Systems
- 11x Type XI Collimated Phaser Arrays
- 1x Forward-Dorsal Phaser Beam Cannon
- 3x Torpedo Launchers
- 200x Quantum Torpedoes
- 5x Tricobalt Devices
- Defensive Systems
- FSQ primary force field and deflector control system with Metaphasic and Nutational Subroutines
- Ablative Armor Mk III
- Sensor Systems
- Long Range Sensor Package (Advanced)
- Lateral Planetary Short Range Sensor Package (Standard)
- Lateral Astronomical Short Range Sensor Package (Advanced)
- SWACS (Space Warning and Control System)
- Science Laboratories
- Astrometrics/Astrophysics/Stellar Cartography Lab
- Biochemistry/Exobiology/Genetics Lab
- Botany Lab
- Cybernetics Lab
- Engineering Lab
- Geology/Planetary Development Lab
- Medical Lab
- Subspace Relations Lab
- Additional Multi-use Labs
- Crew Facilities
- 2x Holodecks
- Crew Lounge, Mess Hall
- Firing Range
- Hydroponics Bay
- 3x Cargo Bays
- 1x Shuttlebay
- Deck 1: Observation Lounge
- Deck 2: Commanding Officer's Quarters, Executive Officer's Quarters, Impulse Engine access
- Deck 3: Main Bridge, Captain's Ready Room, Briefing Room, Senior Officers' Quarters, VIP Quarters, Holodecks, Primary Shield Generators, Secondary Deflector Array
- Deck 4: Sickbay, Peripheral Medical Facilities, Chief Medical Officer's office, Counselor's office, Main Science Lab, Transporter Room 1, Secondary Computer Cores (Port/Starboard), Torpedo/Probe magazines, Environmental Controls, Mess Hall, Cargo Bay 1, Crew Quarters
- Deck 5: Forward Landing Strut access, Waverider access, Chief Science Officer's Office, Science Labs (Astrometrics/Astrophysics/Stellar Cartography, Biochemistry/Exobiology/Genetics, Botany, Cybernetics, Engineering, Geology/Planetary Development, Medical, Subspace Relations), Transporter Room 2, Primary Tractor emitter, Cargo Bays 2 (Port) and 3 (Starboard), Crew Quarters, Armory, Firing Range, Chief of Security's office, Brig, Shuttlebay (upper access)
- Deck 6: Computer Core access, Additional Science Labs, Arboretum, Hydroponics Bay, Holodecks 1 and 2, Shuttlebay (lower access)
- Deck 7: Main Deflector Array, Main Engineering, Chief Engineer's office
- Deck 8: Rear Landing Strut access
- Deck 9: Secondary Tractor emitter, Engineering storage
About the AgamemnonEdit
Initially conceived in 2372, the Aurora project was meant to further enhance the versatility of the previously successful Nova-class line of starships. The Aurora-class prototype was built in early 2373, shortly before the Dominion War. Subsequently, the project was put on hold for the duration. The prototype quickly became a success, surpassing the accuracy of sensor surveys of the Nova and Intrepid-class starships of the present day, allowing for the continuation of production at the end of the war.
The Agamemnon-D boasts these traits found in the standard Aurora-class starship, and several others that even still have the Starfleet Corps of Engineers baffled. Originally outfitted with eleven standard phaser arrays, SCE was able to reverse-engineer the enhanced phasers added to the Atreus of the Agamemnon-C by Lieutenant Commander Simon Trent. This refit allows for more firepower with less energy consumption, granting multiple shots in succession. Using the same technology, the ship was outfitted with a phaser beam cannon on the forward section of the dorsal hull, just above the secondary deflector. The cannon fires a particle beam at least six times the strength of the enhanced phasers. The cannon is also on a sliding track, to reveal and conceal itself inside the hull, which must be operated in order to fire the cannon. In addition to phasers, the ship is fitted with two forward-mounted torpedo launchers, and one aft torpedo launcher, fit for quantum torpedoes as standard, but easily reconfigurable for other devices.
Defensively, the ship was designed with the highest safety possible in mind. Rather than the bridge being on deck one, it's located on deck three. Being the "brain" of the ship, the bridge is often easily targeted, but this configuration only allows the attacker a small window of opportunity to fire upon the bridge. Ablative hull armor became standard outfitting on Aurora-class starships after the prototype was successful. Ablative armor possesses a capability for rapidly dissipating the energy impacts from directed energy weapon fire. In 2373, Starfleet re-adopted its previous style of deflector shields, conforming to the hull contours as opposed to the widely used "bubble" shields. Upon receiving energy-based weapons fire, the shields react immediately by carrying the energy along the surface, dispersing it to reduce the damage taken.
The Agamemnon isn't simply a research vessel, as it is filled with a variety of crew facilities. It was built with two holodecks, a crew lounge and arboretum, for recreational use. The observation lounge on deck one offers a stellar view from the highest room on the ship. For those wanting to work on their firearms training, the armory and firing range are found adjacent to each other on deck five.
Aurora-class vessels are capable of atmospheric entry and surface landing, with the use of three landing struts; two forward extending from the ventral side of the saucer, and one aft beneath the nacelle pylons. Anti-gravity generators, as well as stratetically placed thrusters, make this possible for the Aurora.
Due to the semi-curved/angled nature of the nacelle pylons, Aurora-class starships are not inhibited by the warp speed limit set by the Federation Council in 2370. After testing with the Nova and Intrepid-classes, it was discovered this shape is environmentally friendly to subspace. The Agamemnon can reach a top speed of warp factor 9 under normal conditions, and can hold it for a maximum of one-hundred and twenty hours (five days) before needing respite. At full impulse power, the vessel is capable of 270,000,000 kilometers per hour, one-fourth the speed of light.
Sometimes, one ship is not enough. The Agamemnon is equipped with a Waverider-class craft, docked on the ventral side of the saucer, named "Atreus II", in succession of the Agamemnon-C's Captain's Yacht, named after the father of Agamemnon in Greek history. The ship also holds three type-9 shuttlecraft; "Ajax", "Diomedes" and "Nestor"; designated such from Greek heroes during the Trojan War.