|This is a custom* character of Sxciety.|
* Custom means that this page falls under partial page ownership. Its content therefore should not be altered without its owner's permission.
|The Black Cat|
"This is all such a drag."
|Alias(es)||The Black Cat|
|Personality||Aloof, insouciant, compassionate, resolute, indolent|
|Likes||Chess; Solitaire; Being Alone; Sleeping; Studying; Candy; Money;|
|Dislikes||Pork; Talking; Doing Things; Moving; Being Depended On;|
|Magic||Negation; Summoning; Enchantment; Binding|
|Out of character|
The Zul prodigy appears to be gauntly built with black locks that partially hang in front of his face and over his ebony-flavored eyes. pale ivory skin riddled with ritualistic tattoos that reach every corner of his being. He is generally described as a fragile-looking, handsome boy with a beautiful face but he's also described as being uninteresting and lacking personality in the same breath. This is because Jinx usually has a rather nondescript expression upon his bespectacled visage.
His regular outfit consists of a lengthy black parka with a sable fur lining the edges of the hood with no shirt underneath. To compliment this, he wears dark rugged jeans which tuck into his kobicha-colored leather boots, described below. These boots have an orichalcum toe and orichalcum mid-sole plates that have been enchanted via archaic arcane practices. Jinx also wears leather gloves that keep the sigils on his palms hidden from plain sight, adding more to the mystery of his personage. Completing the ensemble is a beanie that wraps around his head perfectly, adorned with two fur poms that sit perched at the top of it on both sides like little furry ears. He hides his eyes behind a pair of spectacles that wrap around his face and grant him additional assistance.
- Aloof: Jinx is very anti-people as they bother him too much, plus he lacks typical social skills. He dislikes talking to people and as such, he comes off as very distant. He is incapable of reading the atmosphere and taking hints, which had lead to him being unable to make friends his entire life.
- Resolute: Despite his lack of social skills, he has an admirably indomitable will. Even if he is in great pain or could barely move, he will achieve whatever goal he creates. This is most evident is his ability to keep his emotions in check. Jinx's strength of will is directly connected to his psychic resistance, which makes reading his mind or manipulating him difficult for even the most powerful espers in the universe.
- Indolent: He dislikes doing things. He dislikes exerting unnecessary energy and if you ask him, every task is strenuous. He hates moving, he hates talking, he hates thinking too much and he hates fighting. It's not that he's incapable of doing it or it's too much of a task to him, he simply does not want to do anything.
- Insouciant: Jinx always appears to have little to no care in the world. This is a direct result of him ensuring his emotions are kept in check. In his childhood, Jinx learned that strong negative emotions will cause him to destroy everything in his path– even his comrades. Thus, he rarely exhibits any emotion. Everything that happens is just "eh".
- Compassionate: Hidden behind his strong will and apparent apathy is his intense thoughtfulness. Jinx is forgiving, kind, and helpful to those he loves. Even with his nonchalant attitude, he often shows that he is not actually devoid of joy or humor when he grins after being impressed or amused by his own actions. His love is very genuine and he would go to great lengths to protect his friends.
Compared to other humans, Jinx is extremely physically unfit with many below average physical capabilities. Standing at five feet & nine inches and weighing only one hundred & thirty three pounds, he has surprisingly low muscular strength and no real bodily coordination. However, unlike most humans, Jinx has an unhinged mind which processes information at an incalculable rate. His reflexes and supernatural deductive capabilities are evidence of this supernatural intelligence. This level of mind power is the reason for his spiritual awareness and psychic abilities. This also allows him to perform his spells with much ease and finesse. Jinx is capable of sensing the ectoplasmic energy radiated from other espers and spiritual beings from up to twenty kilometers away, or almost twelve and a half miles. He uses this to find targets marked for exorcisms or other mystical creatures he has been assigned to. This ability is passive if the ectoplasmic symbol is anywhere within two kilometers but Jinx's ability to expand his "psychic antennas" range, as he calls it, requires very little effort. Jinx has an extremely large mana pool or store of psychic energy, which is why he has such high stamina despite his physical ineptness. In dire times, such as when one of his emotions has reached the surface or when his body is unconscious, he will passively sap nearby psychic (ectoplasmic) energy (or mana) from anything within a kilometer radius and add it to his own mana pool. This includes spirits, other espers, and even plants. When not unconscious but in a state of intense feeling, while absorbing another's mana, it is possible for him to feel their emotions and even be overwhelmed by these emotions. However, this quirk wouldn't be complete if it didn't have a polar opposite. Jinx has also showcased the ability to energize other living beings with his mana, regardless of their magical or psychic ability. In the case of those with a naturally small mana pool, like the typical human, his power will bleed out very quickly as their bodies are incapable of coveting that much energy for too long, and is of limited use unless the person is already versed in the ways of using psychic power. Albeit, even these typical humans will display the basic abilities such as the passive protective shield of ectoplasmic energy and limited telekinesis. Jinx has often shown this ability with plants, being able to manipulate and grow those imbued with his energy at will. He has shown great promise in his psychokinesis as well. When he applies effort, he is capable of lifting over ten tons with ease. Jinx is so versed with his telekinetic ability, that even in a weakened state, he is still able to lift over a ton with his psychokinesis. However, he typically only uses this psychokinesis to augment his physical capabilities. In combination with the sigils that ward him from the damage that physics can cause, he is capable of moving at speeds up to nine hundred & seventeen miles per hour (Mach-1.12) at maximum and two hundred & ten miles per hour with little to no effort. The constant magic aura that surrounds his form, within the passive ectoplasmic sphere that acts as a shield against spiritual and psychic assaults, supports his body, clothing and anything he is touching and protects them from the effects of using this power. This aura essentially eats kinetic energy, siphoning off some as he moves at the speed of sound, and blocks out airborne particulate matter on a molecular level, heavily lessening friction and cushioning the physical blows that he may deliver or receive in combat. Finally, there is a second mass of magical energy within him, besides his mana pool, that coats all of his inner organs. This works to the same affect as the outer aura and is, in fact, powered by a sigil as well. This inner energy keeps his body from feeling the affects of the G-Force, keeping his blood flowing and his organs from feeling too heavy as he moves faster than the speed of sound. Lest these sigils, tattooed in his skin and hidden among a mass of other tattoos about his body, be broken then they will not stop working. These sigils, explained in his grimoire, are powered by a force beyond even his understanding. As far as he knows, this force is mainlined from the astral plane itself, and the magical energy that powers it is actually compressed raw aether. The astral plane and aether are complicated things. However, one does not need a full understanding of these infinite sources to tap into them. The sigils that decorate Jinx's body make full use of this, acting as direct conduits for the quintessence that encompasses the astral plane so unlike other seals, the connection cannot be simply cut off. Jinx has also marked his body with three more aether-powered sigils, located on both of his palms and around his belly button. Being that Jinx is a human and has not spiritually linked himself with either light (holy) or dark (demonic) magic, his existence is a neutral phenomena that is only found typical in the average human. This neutrality negates affinitive abilities and destabilizes affinitive magic that targets him. However, he is able to draw power from both of these affinitive sources. On his right palm he possesses the seal of Elysium, which acts as a miniature gateway into the Elysian Fields, while his left palm is branded with the seal of Hades, which acts as a miniature gateway into Tartarus. These two palm sigils act as a medium for any affinitive spells and ensure that Jinx remains a neutral figure in the world of magic and on the scale of worldly balance. Finally, wrapped around his belly button is the final active sigil tattooed on his skin. This final seal keeps all of the seals intact and active, regardless of the damage his body and skin may take. To break this would require the aggressor to actually break the skin that is marked by this final seal. Due to his childhood, Jinx has subconsciously sealed away most of his power behind several emotional locks that will occasionally burst out when a particular emotion has been stimulated so much he has no control over showcasing the feeling. His power output generally begins at fifteen percent in his typical insouciant state but grows as he becomes more emotional.
Little Black Book Edit
Like most members of his class, Jinx wields a grimoire that houses all of his arcane knowledge. The pages themselves appear invisible to most people but the simple uttering of the Latin phrase 'revelet deus absconsa tua' will reveal all of the secrets this little black book holds. Enchanted with the most powerful of magic, the pages themselves can appear with different information. After speaking that phrase, the wielder of the grimoire must ask for the information he desires, requesting 'bestias', 'cantus', or 'atlas' respectively. Not to be confused with a tool that everyone can use, this miniature book is supernaturally bound to its master, Jinx, and will not reveal its secrets to anyone else. This book cannot be destroyed unless the binding spell is broken and the book has its magic destabilized by a spell destabilization expert. The Zul family specializes in these destabilizing and neutralizing magic spells which is the reason this method is the most effective. Only a mage trained by the Zul could possibly hinder Jinx's progression as a warlock. To add entries in the grimoire, Jinx must reveal the secrets and request the section (bestias, cantus, or atlas) he desires to place it in then proceed to say 'interscribo'. Then, based on what he says and thinks after, whatever he would like to write is magically entered into the grimoires pages. The grimoire is capable of securing an infinite amount of information as it never runs out of pages. The closer you get to the back of the book, more pages seemingly appear but the book does not seem to grow in size. All in all, the grimoire is about six inches tall and six inches wide with brown, worn parchment paper and a black leather backing. There is a single design on the face of the book, branded into the grimoire's onyx-colored arch-demon leather cover, that resembles a minus sign within a circle.
The more chains summoned, the more focus the technique requires. This spell can be performed by any human with practice and study. Coincidentally, this spell requires no incantation or prior preparation. Because there are so many chains, with each having to come through its own gate, it begins with fairly easy use and becomes more difficult as more chains are summoned. He simply has to focus and imagine the gate opening and it shall be done.
- Seven Chains of the Seven Teachings: Jinx summons seven of the Imagine Mortal Restraints to use for offensive and defensive purposes. These hooked chains, deployed from floating mandalas, would then proceed to attack & shred the designated target from seven different directions or be used to divert attacks from the target.
- True Punishment of a Murderer: This is the final and more horrific technique of the Imagine Mortal Restraints used by Jinx, and his most reputed trump card. This is an ancient technique, existing as long as magic itself. With all three hundred and fifty gates open, the hooked restraints launch out and create a web of magic-nullifying chains surrounding the target. Following this, it chases and binds the target's body together with extreme force. If they aren't already killed by this then it continues the process. Each chain acts as a symbolic feature of every sin, murder or fallacy committed by the target and develops as such. While wrapped around the target, the chains begin to grow a thick black foam until it becomes an inescapable prison. This black foam obscures the target's vision completely, even preventing them from seeing into the astral plane. If the target has to breathe the they die in a matter of seconds as the foam blocks any air from coming in. The chains ensure that the only thing the target has left is the ability to reflect on their own past. After the black foam has expanded twice or thrice, it would appear like an explosion under water as the chains retract to their dimension. Each explosion triggering another explosion, each continuing to chain up. By the end of this spectacle, this target is obliterated where it stood with nothing left but ground up meat and bones.
- Three Layered Collapsing Mirror: He creates three mandalas which stack behind each other, each glowing a different color with the first being gold, the second being blue and the final mandala glowing red. These three magic circles redirect magic in the same form it was received, meaning beams are released as beams and constructs are deployed against their masters.
- Five Layered Collapsing Star Burial: This is one of his three trump cards. Jinx creates five mandalas which stack above each other as they are being manifested, each vibrantly glowing a different color of the rainbow. These five magic circles, divine in nature, call upon the heavens and act as a medium for its divine wrath. A wide-ranged beam of concentrated divine energy is released upon the area below it, assaulting the target. Even the most powerful of evil entities are blasted into smithereens by the sheer magnitude of this spell.
- Number Three Shadow Maelstrom:
- Number Six Shadow Maelstrom:
- Big Finish - Number Ten Shadow Maelstrom:
|Role-playing characters of Sxciety|
|IMVU|| Banner, Jacob • Vanbond, Raphael • Onigiri, Jin • Chandler, Erik • Aversatrix, Ramsayi • Blackmon, Felix |
Dākunaito, Kuro • Moore, Asanté • Yubel • Lord Hāthī • Zul, Simor'a • Anguis • Cerebel • Abraxas • Zorus
|Role-playing characters created by Dawg, IMVU's Zorus|